Intellectual Output1 – SEQUENCES Toolkit for the Self and External Evaluation of Early Childhood Education and Care provision
The SEQUENCES Toolkit is a set of ready to use instruments designed by the partners to support educators, carers, families and policy-makers to improve the quality of early childhood education and care in their countries and in Europe with reference to self and external evaluation.
The tools are expected to:
– be developed through a multi-stakeholder approach, by sharing existing quality frameworks and quality assurance practices;
– cover the 5 Quality Areas of Access, Workforce, Curriculum, Evaluation/monitoring and Governance/Funding, as defined by the Thematic Working Group of the EU Commission;
– target both educators/carers and families, whose cooperation in the field of quality education is expected to be reinforced at the level of ECEC;
– have transnational validity and coherency with the local/regional or national system where available;
– improve self and external evaluation approaches.
All the tools are going to be designed (or adapted from existing ones, when possible) to be practical and flexible, allowing final users to adopt them all or to combine some of them according to the needs. In the idea of the partnership, tools are both adoptable for quality development purposes and as formal components of the Quality Assurance System.